A wonderful very tasty traditional soup, very nutritious that we will find in all the villages of our Greece and its taste will evoke memories of our village and our grandmother. So let's remember it again and let's put it in our program for our children to taste it….
- 500 g mouse calf or olive cut into pieces
- 250 gr trachanas wheat
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- Salt Pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cow butter
- Grated feta for serving
- Wash the piece of beef very well. Cut them into pieces and put it in the pot with water until the pieces are covered.
- Leave the lid open and wait for the pieces to boil. Skim them and rinse the pieces. Put them again in hot water enough in the amount of the kettle in the pot. Close the lid and let it boil for at least 40 minutes. When the boiling time has passed, sauté the onion in olive oil in another pot.
- Add the trachana and the boiled beef and mix it together. Then take the broth with the spoon and put it in the pot.
- Stir well, and lower the heat and let it simmer for half an hour. While it is simmering, we have in mind to add liquids if needed.
- Then close your eyes and add salt and pepper and cow butter. Stir and serve with grated slices
- We can add grated carrot and potatoes
- If you want, add grated tomato