A classic dish that we usually prefer in winter. Easy to prepare and undoubtedly for fanatics who enjoy the dish with a side wine.
Let's go see our materials
- 1.5 kg of beef (spala comb or olive from dairy calf)
- 1.5 kg kokkari onions
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 shot of brandy
- 1/2 glass of red wine
- 1 crushed tomato
- a little olive oil
- 1 small piece of orange peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt Pepper
- Take a deep saucepan and add a little olive oil. Add our onions and let them caramelize, stirring constantly.
- Once they are ready, remove them from the pot and in the same oil sauté our meat all around until it has a uniform color (and shields its liquids).
- Add our onions, garlic and quench with our brandy and wine. Then we add the crushed tomato, our spices, the sugar and the small piece of orange peel that will highlight our spices and our dish.
- Let it simmer for about 1.5 hours.
We can accompany our dish with potatoes, rice, spaghetti, etc. I preferred to accompany it with Lemnos flowers.
Enjoy it with good company and some wonderful red wine such as a Nemea of 2016 from the Lantidis Estate, a Syrah of 2006 from Porto Carras or the Magic Mountain - Red 2013 of Nikos Lazaridis.