I returned from Platana, my village, full of lemons. We have 2 lemon trees there, many, that is, they produce fruit almost all year round. They are durable and have found their place we say… So in addition to sweet lemon and lemon cell that I will definitely do, (Now that I think about it… a lemon oh would be famous, maybe I will put it in the program), I will also make cookies to put them in the jar in the kitchen, for the difficult hours ..you know… for the TV, the coffee, something for the liguria… Lemons in abundance… I will squeeze some and I will put the juice in ice cubes for the freezer. They help a lot in cooking, when I want to add lemon to the food. Instead of starting to make our cookies, let the house smell of musk !!!!
- 500 g sifted flour
- 2 eggs (150 gr)
- 125 g butter at room temperature
- 200 g sugar
- 2 kg baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Grate 2 lemons
- 5 kg lemon juice
- Optional crystallized brown sugar for sprinkling.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in our mixer until fluffy (they will turn white). Then add the egg whites, beat well and then the yolks, lemon juice and zest.
- Sift our flour, mix it with the baking powder, and add it slowly.
- Knead until you see that our dough does not stick. Wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for about half an hour.
- (At this point I should mention that at some point we want to have our cookies freshly baked, up to this point you can have prepared it from the previous day)
- Then take our dough out of the fridge, open the oven to preheat to 180The degrees, and open it with the rolling pin about 0.5 cm. Cut our cookies with a cutter (If we do not have a cutter with a shotgun) and place them in oil paste. Optionally, sprinkle the cookies with brown sugar.
- Bake our cookies until they turn brown (exact time I can not say, it depends on the size you have made your cookies).
- Because our cookies are thin, we do not leave them in the oven for a long time. We watch them.
- If we do not have a cutter, we can draw the figure we want in oil glue and cut it. We place it on our dough and with a knife we cut our shape around the perimeter.
- We can decorate them with icing if we want