Do you have children? Would you like to make a cookie house that decorates your home so that the children can participate and make it their own little house? So get started!
- 450g brown sugar
- 340 g butter or margarine
- 150 g eggs
- 450 g of glucose or honey or petimezi
- 1350 gr flour
- 1 kg baking powder
- 1 kg soda
- 1 ½ κ γ salt
- 1 vanilla
- 2 kg cloves
- 6 kg cinnamon
- 4 kg g ginger
- 4 kg of kakoule or cardamom
- 1 ¼ κ γ pepper
Place the butter and sugar in the mixer and beat until well blended. Then add the eggs, then the glucose and when they are well homogenized add the powders. Knead them well, and divide them into 4 parts. Cover them with cling film and put them in the fridge for an hour.
Then we open a sheet 2-3 mm, we cut the patterns in oil glue, and we place them on the sheet. Cut the outline with a knife, and then bake them at 180The for 15-20 minutes.
To connect the pieces you have to make royal icing
For royal icing
- 2 egg whites
- 500 g powder
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 vanilla
Beat the egg whites until they are almost meringue. Add the sugar gently, then the vanilla and the lemon juice. We keep beating, it has become like whipped cream, shiny and tight. We take a quantity with a spoon, and if we turn it upside down it should not fall ..
- If you have difficulty opening the sheet you can easily open it between two oil seals
- If we want to make windows in the windows, since the pieces are almost ready in the oven, just before we take them out, we place jelly candies in the vacuum. The heat will melt them immediately and you will have the view of the glass.
- If the "glue" of royal icing can not hold the roof (due to weight if you have put a lot of decoration on it) as in the bases of the house you can melt sugar, make it candy and it will definitely stick better
- Use your imagination and make your own cookie house with candies, cornflakes and whatever your imagination puts.
- When you cut the pattern for the tree you make two trees and in one you create the gap in the middle up, and in the other the gap in the middle down.
- Because you bake our dough it may not apply exactly when you feminize it. Therefore, scrape with a knife on the swollen areas to comfortably feminize.
- For the manger I used a cup of yogurt in a clay pot. I covered the whole clay with oil glue and put a sheet of my cookie dough on top. Then after I baked it, I let it cool. I made Joseph with Panagitsa and Christ simply without much detail with sugar paste