Soupitsa light easy and fast very tasty hot for the cold days of winter but also cool for a light drink in summer!
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 sprig of chopped celery
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 4-5 chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- ½ leek (the white piece) chopped
- 1 κ σ πελτέ
- 1 kg sugar
- olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Dip our tomatoes in boiling water and then directly in the cold so that we can peel them. Then coarsely chop them into pieces.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, leek, celery, carrot and mushrooms. Pour the pulp and rub it on the bottom of the pot and our vegetables. Then add the tomatoes, broth and sugar.
- Simmer for about half an hour and then mash our soup with a hand blender.
- Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with croutons or grated feta or yogurt
- We can also serve it cold as a cool drink with yogurt
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.