Every time I made orange cake, I did it the classic way with the zest and juice. This time I said to enrich it with whole oranges and brandy. The oranges we will use are organic (I picked them from my tree) and not waxed. So fragrant cake, full of orange! we will dress it around with slices and it will be wonderful !!! What's better on a saucer next to coffee on Sunday?
For this cake we will need a large round cake tin or 2 oblong smaller ones.
- 4 oranges (We will put the 3 around +100 gr sugar)
- 300 g sugar
- 4 eggs (around 280 gr)
- 125 g lightly melted butter
- 170 g of orange juice together with the fibers that it holds in the squeezer, and all its zest
- 10 g of brandy
- 500 g sifted flour
- 25 g baking powder
- We get the 3 oranges. After washing them, cut them into thin slices. Then put the slices in a saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Then discard the water, and repeat the process. When the third time we put water in our slices we add the sugar in the water and let it boil for another ten minutes.
- Then drain them and carefully leave them in a clean oil paste one slice separately. Turn on the oven to preheat to 180The grades.
- While we wait for our slices to boil, we beat the sugar with the eggs until they are fluffy. Then add the butter, the orange juice with the fibers and the zest, and the brandy. Add our flour slowly after we have previously sifted it and incorporated the baking.
- We take our form and butter it lightly. Take the oil paste and cut a strip as long as the perimeter of the outer side of the form.
- Place the oil paste in the form all around and put the slices of our oranges in the side at the bottom and on the inside.
- Then we pour our porridge carefully, holding the oranges on their sides. When the porridge has all fallen off and our oranges have stabilized in place, we can put the form in the oven. Bake for about 50 minutes on the second step, in the air.
- When it is baked, wait for the temperature to drop a bit, unmold it, and carefully remove our oil paste around the cake. Sprinkle with icing if you prefer or make a simple icing and pour it on top, but also plain, with the caramelized oranges all around it is wonderful !!!!!
Good food !!!!!