Mediterranean dish where our origin comes from the coast of Valencia where are the endless rice fields of the country where they produce a variety of rice (like Carolina). It got its name from a pan-like utensil with two handles where they made the food and called it "paella". Recipe for paella basic we will not see somewhere the same. And that's why we will meet it with seafood, fish, legumes, vegetables, meat, but always based on rice. Their main spice was saffron, where they often replace it with turmeric for financial reasons.
The most common paella that has prevailed is made with seafood and chicken.
- 300 g Carolina rice
- 300 g shrimp cleaned
- Or mussels washed and cleaned of hair
- 250 g chicken breast fillet cut into small pieces
- 2 squid or cuttlefish cut into slices or pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 30 g white wine
- Chopped parsley
- Vegetable broth hot +2 pinches of saffron that I have put in for more color and aroma
- Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the squid or cuttlefish and sauté them with half the chopped onion until they change color and then add the shrimp. Saute lightly for 1-2 minutes, then add the mussels, quench with wine, let the alcohol drain and remove the pan from the heat.
- In a saucepan, pour a little oil and sauté the chicken. Then add the rest of the onion and stir. Add the rice, mix with the chicken and onion, and add the broth.
- Lower the heat and simmer. Try and adjust the taste to salt and pepper. Just before our rice is done, we add our seafood and let it all boil together.
- Remove from the heat and look at which mussels have not been opened. We throw away the ones that did not open !!
- Serve on our plate garnishing with seafood and sprinkling with parsley and freshly chopped pepper!
- We can add vegetables such as beans, peas, carrot, fennel, etc.
- Some people use cuttlefish ink in rice
- A very nice combination is to add cherry tomatoes for flavor and color.
- We can add combs, glossy, octopus and even fish fillet.