A simple salad that comes with memories from my childhood, for the well-known reason that they paint… and as a child I ran to eat and smear my lips to look red!
So be careful it gets dirty !!!
Beetroot (or red bean) is sold in bundles or only bulbs (sips)
They belong to the same family as spinach and are rich in vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, B5, carotene, magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, etc.
Its red color is due to the pigment called betalain, which has a strong antioxidant effect.
Helps the heart, treats diseases such as Alzheimer's and senile dementia. Cleanses the blood, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides, prevents the accumulation of fat in the liver.
Anti-cancer food, has a strong incestuous effect and let us not forget that it has been considered an excellent aphrodisiac since ancient times. It is said that the goddess Aphrodite ate a lot of beets to keep her beauty and health intact.
- So when we take them in a bundle with the leaves, we first start to separate the bulbs from the leaves.
- So we cut the stalks at the root (where the leaves come out) and we cut the root of the bulb (the one that looks like urticaria)
- Wash the bulbs (s) and leaves very well.
- Put water in a saucepan and add the bulbs.
- We are on top, we do not leave because they usually do not have the same volume, so we have to be there to check when they are cooked.
- When they boil, remove the skin and cut it into small pieces.
- In a bowl add the chopped beetroot and our oil and vinegar and a little chopped garlic
- Boil the leaves as we boil the other greens.