The traditional kourabiedes of Kimi with the shape they make them (fingers as I call them). Step by step the recipe from Koumiotissa housewife Stavroula, as they have been making for years… and the recipe goes from grandmother to granddaughter.
- Or kilos of flour
- 250 g of phytin
- 250 gr fresh butter (Epirus, Corfu etc)
- 200 g of crystallized sugar
- 250 g coarsely chopped and roasted almonds
- 3 vanilla + 1 in powdered sugar (capsules)
- 1 kg of flour
- A little flower water
- Beat the butter until fluffy on its own.
- Then add the sugar, the vanilla 3, the flour, and finally the almond.
- Our dough is dry and grated.
- Then we take a quantity of dough in our hand and squeeze it in our palm until we create the characteristic "fingers"
- Place them in a pan on greaseproof paper and bake them at 180The for about a quarter (depending on how big our cookies are)
- Their baking is light in color and when they come out they should have "cracked" so that the icing can enter
- When they come out, sprinkle them with flower water, and sprinkle them with powdered sugar that we have mixed in 1 vanilla