A very easy and fast food that adults and children like. We make it often and we all have a say in this food; some to melt the potatoes in the wonderful sauce with a fork, some to add their favorite vegetables (eggplants, zucchini, etc.), some because they love potatoes flooded with feta, and some people love zoumaki and that is why they get a big piece of bread for diving !!!! No matter how we look at it, this little food is not missing from any house !!!
- 1.5 kg potatoes peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 sliced dried onions
- 1 sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons garlic cut into slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 400 g of crushed tomatoes
- ½ κ σ sugar
- 1 kg rosemary (optional)
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano
- Olive oil
- In a saucepan, add a little olive oil, the bay leaf and the rosemary (optional). Add the potatoes and sauté the carrot well.
- Then add the onion and garlic. Let them sauté well and add the sauce with about 200 g of water.
- Lower the heat and add the paprika, sugar and oregano
- Close the lid and let them simmer for about half an hour (until the potatoes are soft)
-If we love zoumaki, add more water to the cooking
-a popular food is also the combination of potato yahni with eggplants. We clean the aubergines, cut them into pieces and put them in water with salt. Then drain them and sauté them first before the potatoes, remove them from our pot… and continue the process above. Then add them with the potatoes and the sauce and let them simmer until the above way, and serve it with chopped parsley!
-we combine our little food with a wonderful Greek feta !!!
- you can add whatever vegetable you want for more flavor (peppers, zucchini, etc.)