A dish that we see at celebrations, gatherings, birthdays, and buffets since it is eaten by all's. Divine… the preparation is very easy, and the enjoyment is sure!
- 1300 g half-boiled potatoes
- 100 g bacon (about 4 slices)
- 400 gr various sausages cut into small pieces
- 50 g melted butter
- 150 g milk
- 230 g light cream
- 2 garlic melted
- ½ κ γ nutmeg
- ½ κ γ smoked paprika
- 500 g yellow cheeses various grated
- We start with the potatoes. Wash them very well, and boil them in water with a little salt for about a quarter to twenty minutes, to be half boiled. (until the toothpick is inserted but not easily….)
- While the potatoes are boiling, grate the cheeses, finely chop the cold cuts and bacon, mash the garlic, and melt the butter. In a small bowl, mix the milk, cream, and spices.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove them from the water, and wait a while for them to cool. Once they are lukewarm and we can catch them, we peel them and cut them into thin slices.
- We get our pyrex. Spread half the butter on the bottom and spread a layer of potatoes. Then we put half the cold cuts and one third of the cheeses. Pour from the bowl one third of the cream with the milk and the spices.
- Repeat one more layer… potatoes, the other half of the cold cuts, cheeses, and the other one third more of the cream with the milk and the spices. Spread the last layer with potatoes, the rest of the grated cheese, and the rest of the cream with the milk and spices.
- Add the rest of the butter.
- Cover the pyrex with oil paste and bake in a preheated oven at 190The for about half an hour. (depends on the power of the oven).
- Then remove the oil paste and bake another quarter until it turns brown.
- Once cooked, take it out of the oven and wait for it to sit for a while to "calm down" and tighten.
- Prefer yellow cheeses, and add smoked cheese and cold cuts to match the taste
- Cold cuts as well as cheeses if you want, put light
- They give a wonderful taste if you add red, green peppers and mushrooms (after lightly sautéing them)
- Boil the potatoes with the skin so that they do not absorb water.
- The same goes for potatoes when we cool them.
- The dosage is for pyrex round diameter 28cm.
- If you have a table, do the preparation from the previous day (half-boiled potatoes, chopped cold cuts, grated cheeses, etc.), and the next day do the "assembly" and baking.