One of my favorite dishes. Exceptional snack whom I adore.
It is a recipe of Mrs. Stella (namesake) and you will find it to eat at ouzo Port. For me it is one of the best dishes you will find in this place and it is worth visiting and tasting the other specialties of Mrs. Stella. It is definitely one of the recipes that you should try to make at home.
- 1 octopus about 2 kg
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pulp
- 1/4 tbsp. spice
- 1/2 tbsp. clove powder
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 kg red wine
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 chopped dried figs
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Salt Pepper
where c.s. tablespoon, etc. tea spoon
- Place the octopus in the pot without liquids to drain. Add olive oil, the pulp, the allspice, the cloves and the hot pepper. Saute and quench with wine.
- Then add the sun-dried figs and tomato, salt and pepper.
- After about 5 minutes, pour hot water around 200gr.
- Lower the heat and cover the pot. Leave until the octopus softens and the sauce sets. If necessary, add a little more water, always hot (so that the boiling does not stop).
- When it is almost ready, turn up the heat and add the honey. Mix well and leave for another 5 minutes.