An invigorating and nutritious soup that all together the legumes give their own taste and bring out a wonderful result
- 300 g polyspores (beans, black eyes, chickpeas, lentils, fava beans, wheat, etc.)
- 2 dried onions, finely chopped
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 zucchini cut into squares
- 1 potato cut into squares
- 1 sprig of chopped celery
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt, pepper, oregano
- Lemon juice
- From the previous day we put our polyspores to soak (they need at least 12 hours)
- Strain and rinse well.
- In a saucepan pour olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the legumes and hot water and simmer for 40 minutes. Then add the rest of our ingredients and let them simmer for another 20 minutes.
- When the next 20 minutes have passed, simmer, try and after making sure that they have boiled, add salt, pepper, oregano, lemon and the rest of the oil. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat
Sauteing the onion and garlic can be skipped if we want and just boil from the beginning with our polyspores, for a lighter taste
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.