Wonderful pouches, divine, with beef filling that melts in the mouth, vegetables, but also the spicy taste of the mitatotyri that melts, combines the other ingredients and gives an incredible result. We offer it plain as an appetizer or next to a side dish, where we keep the sauce for her.
- 1,200 g mouse calf cut into small pieces
- 3 zucchini cut into frames
- 2 leeks cut the white part. We keep the leaves and boil them to make strings for our pouches.
- 3 carrots cut into frames
- 4-5 mushrooms cut into frames
- 250 gr mitatotyri cut into squares
- 3 tablespoons melted garlic
- Or a glass of red wine
- 1 pack. crust. (We took the crust sheet out of the freezer the day before, and put it in the fridge)
- olive oil
- Salt, pepper, thyme, oregano
- Butter for the leaves
- Pour a little olive oil in a saucepan. Then add the beef and sauté it.
- Add the leeks, then the garlic, and quench with the wine. After the alcohol is gone, add a little boiling water (so as not to stop the boiling), lower the heat and simmer for about an hour.
- Then add our vegetables a little boiling water and continue to simmer for another half an hour up to 3 quarters more. Our meat should be almost ready. Then add our spices and bring to a boil.
- Strain our beef with the vegetables, and keep the broth, to tie it for sauce.
- Spread the crust sheet in a clean fold. Cut it into quarters. (we create a cross, ie we cut them.). We put the leaves on top of each other. Melt the butter and have it with us and our cheese cut into small squares. We also bring the beef with the drained vegetables.
- We take a sheet and butter it. Then we put a second sheet on top crosswise. With a spoon put a little filling 3-4 pieces of mitatotyri. We take the edges and close them by pressing lightly to stick the leaves. Place our pouch on greaseproof paper in the pan. We continue in the same way with the rest.
- When we finish our pouches, with the brush we pour plenty of butter on the leaves and around the pouch. Bake in the air at 180The for about half an hour with 40΄ until they get colored. As soon as they come out, we tie our pouch with the scalded leaves from the leek.