Our favorite classic revithada in a variation that will impress you. The famous Syrian sausage with the notes of fennel in combination with the wonderful cheese of San Michali with tomato.
Honeyed chickpea that marries beautifully the aromas and flavors of Syros and travels with the wine of Fabrika red, to the island of the late rebet Markos Vamvakaris.
- 1k chickpeas soaked for 24 hours
- 2 large slices of Syros cut into slices
- 3 white onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 3 sliced carrots
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated tomato
- 2 bay leaves
- Or a glass of red wine
- 100 g of San Michalis cheese
- Salt, pepper, oregano, boukovo
- In a saucepan, boil the chickpeas together with the bay leaf for 10 minutes, skimming them.
- Strain the chickpeas and rinse the pot.
- Add a little olive oil and sauté the onions, then the garlic and carrots and the sliced sausage and tomato. Add the chickpeas and sauté them all together.
- In a hull pour our ingredients and add hot water until our ingredients are covered, plus 1 finger up.
- Add our spices and pour the rest of the olive oil on top.
- We cover our hull and bake our chickpeas at 180The for 1 hour. When our time is up, we uncover it and lower their temperature to 160The and leave it until they turn brown and thicken.
- Just before taking them out, pour the cheese into cubes.
- Serve with bukovo.
-tomato I put discreetly, so as not to burden the plate with the sausage.
-If we can not find to put San Michalis, we can put parmesan or gruyere.
-If we want the cheese, we do not put it in but we can put it on top.