Wonderful, delicious, and very tasty salad from herring eggs. Herring is a fatty fish rich in Ω3 fatty acids, with vitamin D. So choosing the right herring with the egg, with the hard pressing and a slightly bloated belly you will find a treasure…
- 20 g herring eggs (eggs from one herring)
- 50 g onion passed in the grater with the small hole
- 1 potato (around 250 gr) boiled
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 40 + 70 g of olive oil
- We take a sharp sharp knife, make an incision in the abdomen from the head to just before the tail. Be careful not to put the knife deep and cut the bags with the eggs inside. Then carefully open the abdomen and take the 2 egg sacs. We place them on the counter and carefully remove any excess from them (membranes, thin veins like threads, etc.).
- In a small pan put 2 kg of olive oil (40 g) and sauté the onion over low to medium heat
- At the same time we boil our potato.
- When our onion is ready, let it cool together with the potato.
- In a bowl mash the potato, add the herring eggs, lemon, vinegar and onion. Mix well, adding the olive oil little by little until we bring our salad to our desired state. We make the taste as it suits us.
- Saute the onion lightly until the liquid of the onion and its apricot are gone, and the onion is sweetened.
- Herring eggs are salty and you probably do not need to add salt.