Heather or heather is a relatively rare fish, it is essentially bonito. It has less fat with soft spots and that is why we prefer to make it lacquered.
- 1 kg heather cleaned from head and tail
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic
- 1 Florin red pepper
- Or chopped parsley
- Salt Pepper
- Cut our fish into slices (not to exceed 2 ½ - 3 points). Put the slices in water. Change the water regularly, and do the process for about 6-8 hours.
- Then with a skewer we clean the marrow and entrails and put it again for so much time in water that we change it often.
- Then strain the fish from the water, cut it into pieces (thick sticks) and put it in a strainer and leave it to drain well, in the fridge with a wet clean towel on top.
- Make a brine (the well-known trick with salt water, enough salt so that the egg looks like 2 euros on the surface.) And dip the pieces in and leave them for 2 days. Then we take them out of the salt water, we take sterilized jars, we put chopped garlic, freshly ground parsley and pepper and we level the pieces in the jar in a row. Fill with seed oil and place it in the refrigerator.
- Serve with olive oil and lemon
- We follow the same procedure for the tone. Only because it is thicker we increase the processing time a bit in everything.