I have a gift from Lakis !!! I had gone to his amazing grocery store to shop. I put my vegetables in the paper bags .. (we love nature, we do not use nylon bags) and when he leaves he gives me his wonderful, fresh, organic asparagus !! I am late anyway to go home due to obligations and work, so I will soon make a risotto special!
- 500 g of cleaned asparagus.
- 250 g of rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 80 gr white wine
- About 800 g of vegetable broth
- Grate an organic lemon
- Salt Pepper
- Optionally grated cheese
- Rinse the asparagus with cool water, and then with the help of a peeler (piler) peel the asparagus from the middle and bottom, because its skin is fibrous and does not soften during cooking. We pay attention to the tops because they are very soft and delicate so they do not break. Then we bend the bottom of the asparagus and it will show us by itself where it will break. We do not throw away the excess pieces (we keep them for broths etc)
- Boil the asparagus for 2-3 minutes, remove them from the water, and then make our broth in the same water.
- Cut the tops of all the asparagus, keep 2-3 whole, and mash the rest with a little water from the boiled water.
- Melt the butter in a deep pan, sauté the onion, garlic, add the rice, and stir until transparent. Quench with the wine, wait for the alcohol to leave and then start little by little to put the broth in the rice. Once we put the first liquids, we add the asparagus pulp so that the rice absorbs all their taste. Towards the end, add the tops of the asparagus, and chop finely and add the 2-3 asparagus that we kept.
- Just before taking it out, add the lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.