Chicken roll, for an easy, fast, healthy, delicious, and economical meal. We usually offer it at the Sunday table, as everyone in our memories reminds us of Manuela !!
- 1 kg minced chicken, mixed (leg-breast)
- 2 dried onions passed through a grater
- 2 tablespoons garlic melted
- 300 gr cake (breadcrumbs)
- 3 eggs
- 3 kg fresh thyme
- 1 k oregano
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4-5 carrots
- 50 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 3 vegetable broths
- 1 green pepper cut into thick sticks
- 1 red Florin pepper cut into thick sticks
- In a pan, sauté the onion that we have passed through the grater until it changes color and becomes brownish brown. Once it is done, leave it aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add the minced meat, the 2 vegetable broths, the cake, the eggs, the garlic, the sauteed onion after it has cooled, and the herbs. We shape them very well. Then spread 2 sheets of foil on the counter, and oil glue on top. Spread the minced meat on the oil paste. In the middle we put 3 carrots lengthwise and the peppers. Then grab the oil paste together with the foil from the edges, and roll the minced meat. Close the edges tightly to create a candy. Place the roll in the refrigerator for 2-3 eggs.
- Preheat your oven. We take our pan and place the other two carrots cut into chunks. Place our roll on the carrots and put a little water in our pan, along with a little olive oil, a cube of vegetables, a little thyme, and salt and pepper. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 1 ½ - and 2 hours at about 170The -180The.
- Then take the pan out of the oven, and carefully remove the wrapper. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. While we wait for it to cool, we take the liquid from our pan together with the carrots and grind them in the blender. Then put the liquid with a milk jug and let it boil for 5-8 minutes. If you want, "tie" the sauce with a little corn flour. We try the taste for any improvement.
Serve with baked potatoes, or mashed potatoes or rice.
- Saute the onion lightly to remove the many liquids, or capsule of the onion, and to sweeten.
-we can add to the filling, hard regato cheese sticks, egg, mushrooms, or even cold cuts if we like
-personally 10 'before removing the roll from the oven I remove the wrapper from above and leave it for 10' in the oven to bake, to make a light crust on top.
-If you like, add chopped parsley or dill.