Classic family recipe of Greek cuisine. It reminds us of Sunday noon, when we gather in our homes, with friends, watching TV, and mom doing her cooking, smelling the house with smells coming from the oven. Most of the time, the preparation of the roll was done from the previous day, so that on Sunday, returning from the church, he simply put it in the oven, and made the garnish that the children usually wanted, by cutting a salad.
- 4-5 boiled eggs for the filling
- 1 kilo of ground beef
- Puree 2 onions passed in the grater or mixer
- 2 tablespoons garlic (puree)
- 100 g cake (breadcrumbs)
- 1 kg thyme
- 2 κ σ πελτές
- 2 eggs
- 200 g of cheese mix
- ½ fl milk.
- Olive oil
- Salt-pepper-grated allspice
- In a small frying pan, pour a little olive oil and sauté the onion puree with the garlic until their liquids are gone and our onion starts to change color and become golden brown (to sweeten). Let it cool
- Then in a bowl put our minced meat with all our ingredients (except cheese) and sauteed onion puree and knead well. Our minced meat should not stick to the bowl all around and the dough will have changed color.
- Spread a large amount of oil glue on a clean bench. Then place the minced meat and make a rectangular shape.
- Spread our cheeses all over the surface of the minced meat and in the middle our eggs are squeezed one behind the other.
- We grab with our two hands the two ends of the oil paste that are towards us and lift slightly. Our roll should have made a turn and covered our eggs. Then with our hands we press the oil paste along the entire length of the cylinder and we lift it again from the edges again until our minced meat is completely closed and a candy has been created. We twist the edges tightly and place our roll in the pan.
- Bake for about an hour and a quarter in a preheated oven at 180The .
- Then, while baking our roll, we prepare our baked potatoes.
- When the time is up, remove the oil paste and add them potatoes of our choice on the side of the roll and continue baking for another 45 'until our potatoes are cooked and our roll gets colored!
- Once it is ready, let the temperature drop from our roll for a while, so that we can cut it without dissolving.
- Good luck