Easy quick tasty recipe that goes well with meat and poultry, and that can accompany a more refined meal. It is light, healthy, and can be consumed by vegans.
The materials we will need are:
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 red pepper cut into very fine frames
- 1 green pepper cut into very fine frames
- 1 carrot cut into very fine frames
- 1/2 bunch chopped spring onion
- 5-6 dried figs cut into thin slices
- 5-6 sage leaves (dried) or 2-3 greens
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- After washing the rice thoroughly until the water comes out transparent, let it drain.
- Put a little olive oil in a saucepan and sauté our onion. Add our rice, figs, peppers and carrot and mix. Add the vegetable broth or our water and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to simmer for about fifteen minutes until the rice has absorbed all its liquids and small holes appear on the surface of the rice.
- At this stage we remove it from the heat and leave it covered with a towel for 5-10 minutes.