A recipe… two variations… From the classic sweet, a traditional dessert that we have all associated with our childhood in a more modern version that you will love!
Mastic, a unique material of Greek cuisine and tradition, gives an amazing aroma and elevates the traditional recipe to something very interesting…
Rice pudding flavored with mastic
- 3/4 cup glazed rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mastic
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup milk to dilute the cornflour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- a little cinnamon for serving
- Bring the rice to a boil with the water and salt
- When it boils for about 10 minutes, add the sugar, the beaten mastic and the milk.
- Stir and lower the heat and wait for the rice to boil very well
- Once it boils, take half a cup of milk and dilute the cornflour and pour it into the pot
- Once tied, put it in bowls (around 6 come out)
- Place them in the fridge and before serving, pour the cinnamon on top
Rice pudding in the oven
With even richer taste… a different rice pudding… which now refers to recipes such as creme brulee etc…
- Do the procedure as in the rice pudding with mastic… In the 3rd stage together with the milk we put 3 egg yolks… and we slowly pour in the pot.
- Place in fireproof bowls in the oven in a bain marie
- Bake until it gets a brown crust on the surface