Wonderful fresh lentil salad, everyone's favorite.
A nutrient bomb for our body and at the same time so delicious that you will continue to make it even if you do not like them!
- 250 gr lentils
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 2-3 chopped green onions
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, oregano
- A little vinegar (optional)
- After we clean the lentils by throwing the foreign bodies (wheat stones etc) we rinse them. Boil them for 3 minutes in enough water and then drain them.
- Put them again in new water and simmer.
- When we are going to make them a salad, we do not let them boil.
- When they are ready (around 20 - 25 minutes) strain them and rinse them.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar (optional), oregano and salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil with the vinegar in the salad and mix. We put our salad in the fridge for an hour to let the vegetables get their aromas and flavors.
Serve it cool.
A very tasty variation of this salad is to add 100 g of grated feta but we will remove the vinegar.