An easy and quick dessert, light and very tasty to accompany your ice cream in the afternoon, your coffee, the treat or the dessert of your Sunday meal. A wonderful recipe that Mrs. Kasomouli offered me with great pleasure and I thank her very much.
- 3 fat yogurts 2% fat
- Or a kilo of thick semolina
- 1 kg soda
- 1 glass of ouzo
- Grate 3 oranges
- 1 kg of crystallized sugar (for our mixture we will use 1 cup, the rest will be put in the syrup)
- 100g almond
For the syrup
- 2 glasses of water
- The rest of the sugar
- 1 pot of fresh orange juice
- Mix the yogurt with the sugar with an egg beater. Then add the orange zest and ouzo (after previously dissolving the soda inside) and at the end add the semolina.
- Mix well, to homogenize our ingredients.
- We take a pan (about 28 cm), butter it and put the porridge inside.
- Bake at 180The for 30 minutes.
- While we bake our dessert, we prepare the syrup and the almonds (we peel the almonds and break them in a mortar or blender, very carefully so that they do not become powder, because we want them in pieces). Put them in the oven on a plate for 10 minutes until they turn brown and throw them on the cake when it is lukewarm.
- When the dessert comes out, we pour the syrup over it. (hot dessert, hot syrup)