Sardine with oregano, garlic and lemon !!!! Simply Marvelous!!! Mezes for ouzo or tsipouro, always on our table in winter with legumes, summer with our seafood.
- 1 kg of finely chopped sardines
- 150 g coarse salt
- 5 tablespoons garlic cut into thin slices
- 2 kg oregano
- olive oil
- Grate 2 lemons
- Juice of 3 lemons
- We take a sardine in our hands and lightly rub its back to soften this point. Then we pull the head and the entrails and the bone.
- Then we wash it and wipe them with absorbent paper
- In a pan, pour coarse salt.
- In a pan, pour coarse salt. Then place the sardines on top. After we apply the first layer, salt well and continue until the sardines and salt are finished. Then cover with cling film and leave them in the fridge for about a day
- Then rinse the sardines from the salt and put it back in the pan and cover it with lemon and leave it in the fridge for about 6 hours.
- Our fillets will notice that they have changed color and become much whiter.
- In a clean bowl, take the sardine out of the lemon and place it in layers together with the garlic and the oregano. Cover with olive oil and the zest and leave in the fridge for 2-3 eggs.
- Serve with the rest of our snacks at the table!
- Try putting fennel in the olive oil with the zest.