A spicy variation of the traditional lentil. Primarily winter food, mountain and village.
- 300 gr lentils
- 4 rustic sausages cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons garlic cut into slices
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 2 ripe tomatoes, grated or crushed
- 1 hot pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kg boukovo
- 1 kg smoked paprika
- 1 cup white vinegar
- A little thyme
- Salt Pepper
- Or olive oil
- After we clean the lentils by throwing the foreign bodies (wheat stones etc) we rinse them. Boil them for 3 minutes in enough water and then drain them.
- Put a little olive oil in the pot and sauté the sausage for 5 minutes and then the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and the carrot, the pepper and sauté them lightly. Add the tomatoes, the bay leaves, the boukovo, the paprika, the lentils and boiling water until the food is well covered.
- Simmer with the lid closed for half an hour. Once half an hour has passed, open the lid and let it boil until they boil.
- Just before turning them off, add the thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar. Stir lightly and set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
If you like lentils you can try to make and lentil salad, Wonderful colorful salad, cool and delicious.