They brought me "peskesi" cuttlefish !!! Wonderful fresh cuttlefish! Perfect. And because I have a long time to eat spaghetti (as a fan of vegetables and legumes) I will make half with chopped spaghetti, and the rest I will put in the freezer for another dish I will think of. I gather my ingredients, tomatoes, spaghetti, onion ω I also put music… and με let's go cook !!!!!
- 1 kg cuttlefish
- 500 gr macaroni cut
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 dried onions
- 60 gr red wine
- 1 pack of tomato juice or 3-4 ripe tomatoes without spores passed in the grater
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt-pepper-4.5 grains of allspice-1 bay leaf
Remove the bone from the cuttlefish, the entrails and the bag with its ink. Rinse well. Cut the cuttlefish into pieces.
Saute the onion and garlic in a saucepan and then add the cuttlefish. Once it gets a little color, extinguish with wine, add the tomatoes, spices and hot water (so that the boiling does not stop and the cuttlefish tighten) and lower the eye and let it simmer until soft. At the same time, boil our spaghetti separately, and take them out 3-4 minutes before the time indicated by our manufacturer. As soon as our cuttlefish are about to be made, we throw our spaghetti in the cuttlefish. (If you need a little water, add water from the boiling water of our spaghetti, so that the boiling is not cut off, but also because they have starch and will become more "tied").
- Fresh cuttlefish that have their ink can be removed with gloves and care, and stored to make a risotto or pasta. They will smell like the sea !!!
- We pay attention to the cooking of the cuttlefish because it wants to be slow, so that it softens and not temperature fluctuations because it tightens like a rubber band.
- If you have a lot of fresh cuttlefish, clean them and put them in the freezer. When you take them out to cook them, they will be softer
- If you like cuttlefish, try them with smoked greens, or with spinach