Our favorite spinach, with its rich vitamins and iron, combined with wonderful mushrooms with rich antioxidants and protein, make a delicious, wonderful result. Try this combination too.
- 1 kg spinach cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 30 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 bunch of freshly chopped onions
- 200 g of rice
- Or a bunch of dill
- Lemon juice
- Salt Pepper
- Κ Cretan cup Grelia olive oil
- 500 g mushroom broth
- We start the day before, put the mushrooms in 500 g of hot water. Leave them in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, strain the mushrooms and keep the broth. Then sauté our onions and leeks in a saucepan (put the leeks to sweeten and balance the acidity of the lemon) in a little olive oil. Add the garlic, the mushrooms and the rice and sauté lightly (the sautéing of the rice helps it stay grainy and in addition it absorbs all the taste of the vegetables).
- Add the spinach and stir. Let the spinach wither and its volume drop and add a cup of mushroom broth.
- Our pot must have liquids because it will have spinach.
- Lower the eye and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Be careful not to save liquids. If they are saved, we add another cup. broth.
- Once the cooking time has passed, add the rest olive oil Grelia, lemon (depending on how lemony we want it) and dill. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to absorb its liquids.
Tips: Lemon lovers can choose a Grelia olive oil flavored with lemon and add a little at the end for extra aroma and taste of lemon, while for those who like spicy food, they can add Grelia olive oil with chili pepper.