Wonderful mommy spinach with tomato, and carrot, with plenty of dill. Traditional, and very tasty dish that we will see with lemonade, but also with tomato. Let's go see…
- 1 kg spinach cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh onions
- 1 chopped leek
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 200-230 gr Carolina rice
- Or a bunch of dill
- 2 tomatoes without peel and seeds passed in the grater or 1 crushed tomato
- Salt Pepper
- Or olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- Saute our onions and leeks in a saucepan in a little olive oil. Add the garlic, the carrot and the rice, the tomato and, sauté lightly (the sautéing of the rice helps it stay grainy and in addition it absorbs all the taste of the vegetables).
- Add the spinach and stir. Let the spinach wither and its volume drop and add a cup of vegetable broth.
- Our pot must have liquids because it will have spinach.
- Lower the eye and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Be careful not to save liquids. If they are saved, add another cup of broth or water.
- Once the cooking time is over, add the remaining olive oil and the dill. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to absorb its liquids.