Want to make homemade bagels? Make them in the evening and bake them the next morning for hot fluffy very tasty bagels, which you will fill with turkey, cheese, omelette, or whatever else your appetite craves. Make the snack for the children, or for your office with homemade bagels !!
- 800 g sourdough flour for bread
- 450 g of lukewarm water
- 20 g honey + 20 g honey in the pot
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 10 g salt
- 1 egg
Sesame, garlic flakes, dehydrated onion flakes, poppy seeds, black sesame, fennel .. whatever you like !!!
- In a deep bowl pour 450 g of lukewarm water. Then add the honey and stir to dissolve. Add the yeast, the flour after we have sifted it before and the salt. Knead the dough until it sticks to our fingers (you may need a little more flour). When our dough is ready, we leave it in a warm covered place to double its volume.
- Then shape a roll and cut 8-10 equal pieces. We make the pieces in small balls, and with our hands we make a hole in the middle which we pull to open it well (if we leave a small hole our dough will swell and close). We place our bagels in a pan on greaseproof paper. At this point we can say the two versions. Either leave them in a warm place to swell and continue the process or put them covered in the fridge and then do it in the morning to have your bagels fresh.
- Once puffed in a casserole pot bring water to a boil with a tablespoon of honey. Once the water boils, take them one by one and dip them in water and leave them for 1-2 minutes on both sides at most, to boil. At this point he wants attention. We do not put them all together because the water temperature will drop. A little so that the boiling does not stop. In a bowl, beat the egg with a little water. Take out our bagels and spread the egg on top and add sesame seeds, garlic cloves, dehydrated onion, etc.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200The for about 20 minutes (until they get their rose color).
- you can mix the sesame with the garlic, the onion, etc. in a deep dish, so that when you spread it with an egg, you dip your bagels from the side of the egg in the plate so that they stick well that you will put on top.