A wonderful meze… that has been forgotten… Now you rarely see poultry livers on the menu, and I wonder… It is quick to prepare, economical in cost, and very tasty.
- 500 g chicken livers.
- Or a glass of white wine
- A little oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- Juice from a juicy lemon
- Salt-freshly chopped pepper
- A little olive oil for frying
- A little parsley for the end
- We wash our livers very well. If our butcher has put all our entrails, we carefully remove the bile (do not break us), and we remove any blood that is in the hearts. Drain them very well, and dry them with an absorbent paper. Cut them if necessary (if they are all together)
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a pan. Leave for a while until the oil aromatizes, and then add our entrails and let them sauté well.
- Then we extinguish them with our wine and add a little hot water, so that our livers are not completely covered. Let them simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the water evaporates and their sauce remains. Add the lemon, and the oregano (be careful not to add too much and make our food bitter) the salt, let it boil and lower it.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped pepper and chopped parsley