Cool, summery, aromatic, easy, delicious, healthy, nutritious, lightly delicious, our favorite tabbouleh salad that comes to us from Lebanon and that we prefer and like… and it suits us !! as a salad in the center of the table, as an appetizer with pancakes all around but also a side dish for meat or fish.
- 1 cup soaked oatmeal
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 1 bunch of chopped mint
- 2 tomatoes tight without their seeds cut into small pieces
- 1 cucumber without its seeds, cut into small pieces
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 1 juicy lemon its juice
- Lemon zest
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
- Easy things… we have puffed our oatmeal - if not, in a pan put olive oil to burn and sauté our oatmeal and stir constantly, add boiling water, salt and pepper and stir and remove from the heat and leave it with a film to froth the liquids
- Now if we have left it to rise (I put it in the evening and in the morning I make the salad), we take a bowl and mix all our ingredients together, close the bowl with a foil and leave in the fridge for a while to marinate all our ingredients to bring out their taste.
- Stir well once more before serving.
We can accompany it with pies.
An alternative and interesting proposal is a taboo with grilled vegetables that we are used to in winter… eggplant zucchini various roasted peppers with oatmeal… .try it !!!
The wonderful vegetables used for the recipe are from the company Καραντινός Α.Ε.