In Kymi we make the traditional fried bread with feta. Following the basic recipe, we also make the fried bread with vegetables. Wonderful fried bread, which strongly reminds you of pizza because of the vegetables it contains. Try this version too !!
- half a kilo of flour g.o.h.
- 1 lens dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- Or grated feta
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 chopped mushrooms
- A little olive oil
- Seed oil for frying.
- Put the yeast in half a glass of lukewarm water and stir (not hot because the yeast will burn).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt well, then add the olive oil, vinegar, water and yeast and slowly stirring, add the rest of the water.
- When it becomes a soft, pliable dough that does not stick to our fingers and in the bowl, cover it with a film or a cloth and let it "rest" for about half an hour.
- While our dough is resting, put a little olive oil in a frying pan and sauté our onion, pepper, tomato and mushrooms. We want our fire to be low so that they do not burn us, but wither.
- Then we take a piece and open it with our hands (or with a rolling pin if we want)
- Put our grated feta cheese and vegetables in the center and roll the dough from the edges to the middle. Then we press it with our fingers to spread it.
- Fry until it gets ground. We turn it on the other side and continue the same process.
- Once we take them out, we place them on absorbent paper, and we cut our fried bread into pieces.
-instead of feta you can put yellow cheese you like (gouda, edam, etc)
-add oregano, and herbs you love for more flavor
-lead your inspiration free and experiment with different materials