Snack for cigars and wine and more! First meze in the traditional on pure Monday, served as an appetizer, for something spicy! It is our famous and beloved pickle.
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced or waffled with mandolin
- 1 sliced reva like a carrot (about half a centimeter)
- 3-4 sprigs of celery in pieces of about 1 cm
- Cauliflower tassels
- Tassels of 1/2 broccoli
- Coarsely chopped cabbage (about 1/2 cabbage)
- 5-6 small cucumbers
- 5-6 horn peppers cut
- 1 coc pepper cut into slices
- 5-6 small peppers
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2-3 tablespoons garlic cut into slices
- 1 lemon sliced
- Vinegar (optional, as much as we like)
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 cup sour (works together with salt and vinegar as a preservative, but also keeps the color of vegetables)
- Put boiling water in a saucepan. Add the salt (a spoonful of coarse salt filled for every liter of water), the bay leaf, the pepper, the capers and a teaspoon of sour.
- Mix and pour our ingredients in the pot cut and start to throw in the bottom of the pot the hardest vegetables (cauliflower, beetroot, carrot etc) and on top the softer ones (sliced pepper, cucumber etc)
- Let them boil for 10 minutes. We take the pot off the fire and take our jars.
- With a slotted spoon we take our vegetables we fill the jar after we have placed a slice of lemon in the bottom of the jar and then with a spoon we fill almost to the top the boiling water with the salt and the sour and the spices.
- And I say almost to the top because to cover our vegetables we will add as much wine as we want to our taste and then we will close the jar.
- If our jar is metal, we have to put a food plastic in the clasp to protect the metal from rust (because vinegar, sour and salt will "eat" the metal).
- We leave it in the fridge for about a week and then it is ready to eat (of course we can eat it in 3-4 days, it is very tasty)
- Another tip we can make for more flavor are the types of vinegar on the market. (with BBQ or citrus flavor etc) We can put a spoonful of vinegar under the lemon slice to taste of our liking and have a special unique taste!