Favorite patties with cream cheese in many variations and for every occasion. A sweet loved by everyone and of course in all the houses of Crete in a prominent position.
Simple dessert, easy, quick, plain or syrupy, with honey or sugar and cinnamon, or with icing, no matter how you eat it, it will be unforgettable.
- 1 pack of crust sheets
- 1-2 egg whites
- 600 g cream cheese
- 2-3 cups of honey
- 1 kg cinnamon
For the syrup
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Half a lemon juice with lemon cup
- 1 kg glucose
- 4-5 cloves (cloves)
- We mix all our ingredients. Cut the crust sheet into large squares.
- Pour a quantity of filling on the sheet.
- Wrap the filling once and fold the sheet from right to left. We continue to wrap and at the end we stick the sheet with egg white. (We can do a lot and store them in the freezer if we want.)
- Arrange our patties in the pan in a row, butter them on top and bake them in the oven at 160 degrees for about 50 minutes until they are golden in color.
- It is important to check that they have been cooked from below so that they do not get muddy with the syrup.
- Let them cool and we start making the syrup
- Boil the syrup for 5-7 minutes and pour it into the patties. Let the syrup drain.
Alternatively, it is very easy to have them ready in the freezer and get as many pieces as we want. Fry them in hot oil and after they turn golden they take them out and dip them in a saucer where we have put mixed sugar with cinnamon! Wonderfully hot and fragrant at the moment you want and as many pieces as you want !!