If you are tired of traditional lentils, an alternative way is to make them velvety. With a more creamy texture, fasting, with an interesting taste that stands out due to the smoked paprika.
- Or a kilo of fine lentils
- 2 tablespoons garlic cut into slices
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 1 potato cut into thick slices
- 1 ripe tomato or 1 tablespoon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kg smoked paprika
- Salt Pepper
- Or olive oil
- After we clean the lentils by throwing the foreign bodies (wheat stones etc) we rinse them. Boil them for 3 minutes in enough water and then drain them.
- Put a little olive oil in the pot and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, the potato and the carrot and sauté them lightly. Add the tomato, the bay leaves, the lentils and boiling water until the food is well covered.
- Simmer with the lid closed for half an hour. Once half an hour has passed, open the lid and let it boil until they boil
- When they are ready, add the olive oil, the paprika and the salt and pepper.
- Mash the lentils with a hand blender. Served hot.
This dish can be accompanied by meat or fish.