A different dish that I came across in Mani with a lot of aroma, slightly different delicious and I would recommend you to try it
- 1 ½ pork shoulder cut into pieces (snacks)
- Or chopped noodles
- 2 dry onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 ripe tomatoes peeled and passed through a grater
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 red pepper cut into slices
- 50 g black currant
- Juice from a juicy orange
- Orange zest
- Salt Pepper
- Or a glass of red wine
- Or olive oil
- In a saucepan, pour olive oil and sauté our pork until it turns brown. Remove it from the pot and put it on a plate where we have put absorbent paper.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, pepper, garlic, add the meat, the pulp and stir to homogenize our ingredients. Quench with wine, add the tomato and a pinch of sugar and close the lid. Let simmer for about 1 hour and a quarter (depending on the size of the pieces of meat). While we wait for our pork to boil, we boil our noodles and place them on the plate.
- In about an hour we throw our raisins. (we prefer black because blonde is sweeter and our pork will be much sweeter). Just before turning it off, add the zest and the juice from the orange, season with salt and pepper and let it boil. Serve hot, with noodles or with mashed potatoes or with any accompaniment we want.
Many thanks to "Mavromichaleiko" for their cooperation and help.