Wonderful fluffy rustic, baked pies, very tasty, for all hours. The pies that our grandmothers made in the wood oven and that we went crazy! Warm warm, fluffy, light and very easy!
- 1 kg of flour
- 1 lens yeast
- 700 g of lukewarm water
- 400 gr feta
- 200 gr mizithra
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ kg pepper
- ½ kg salt
- ½ kg sugar
- In a bowl, add the flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Pour the warm water (not more than 40The so that the yeast does not burn), slowly, the olive oil, and make the dough.
- We make our dough a ball, we oil it, and with a film we close the bowl and we put it in a warm place
- While we wait for our dough to rise, we grind the feta in a bowl, we add the mizithra, the pepper, and the egg. Stir to homogenize.
- Once the dough is ready (it will be pliable, elastic), divide it into two equal parts. Shape two rolls and cut them into equal parts. Open each part of a round pie, put a spoonful of the filling in the middle, and then take each edge, and transfer it to the middle. In short, we make a pouch in a way. Then seal it and press it to close the filling and create a round pie.
- We put our pies in a pan on oil paste.
- Bake in an oven with air at 180The for about 20 minutes. If you want, leave them plain like this, or if you want, put a little oil with a little water in a glass and spread them on top.
-the look and taste is like fried bread, only it is in the oven and that makes them much lighter, and without a lot of oil.
-we can put soft cheeses for a more chewy feeling
-improvise in the filling, put vegetables, cold cuts, spinach or whatever you like