No need for recommendations for this particular salad… Where to go and not to prefer it… Full of sea aromas, light, delicious to accompany our ouzo, our cigar, our wine and our company.
- 1 octopus around the kilo
- 1 cc. pepper
- 1 BC pepper
- 2-3 fresh onions
- 1 onion
- Or a bunch of parsley
- 150 g dry red wine
- 150 g of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 asteroid anise
- 2-3 grains of allspice
- Salt Pepper
- If we get fresh octopus we have to clean it.
- We take the octopus and wash it well. Turn the hood inside out and cut with a knife the point where the hood joins the inside.
- Then turn it upside down and remove the tooth (black).
- Rinse it and put it in a saucepan over medium heat together with a few slices of onion, star anise, bay leaf, allspice. We let it "boil in its own juice" as our people say, for about 30 minutes with the lid of the pot closed. At this point we open the lid and pour the wine and let it boil for another 10-15 minutes. Make sure it is soft. Do not boil it for a long time because it will tighten and become like a rubber band.
- While our octopus is boiling, chop our ingredients finely to complete our salad.
- In a bowl, beat 30-40g of olive oil with red dry wine, season with salt and pepper and add oregano.
- When the octopus is ready, cut it into small pieces and incorporate all our ingredients. Leave in the fridge for 1 day to homogenize the flavors and marinate the octopus from the wine and the peppers and spices.