Just above Volos, in the enchanting Pelion is a farm different from the others…
because it is not a simple farm but a gastronomic destination that you should definitely visit!
Karaiskos Farm - Karaiskos Farm - Pelion Gastronomy
At Kritsa Gastronomy Hotel in Portaria you can taste local flavors and traditional recipes with ingredients from Karaiskos Farm. But recently it went one step further.
At the farm one can attend cooking lessons with the raw materials that he will collect on the spot from the farm!
Of course it is a dream for every chef to cook a recipe in such a beautiful environment and with such quality ingredients. So, teasing a traditional Pelion recipe, we make the famous spetzofai traditional noodles with minced meat from sausage and peppers.
It's a recipe that fans will love so much pasta as well as the lovers of pepper and sausage!
- 500 gr sausage rustic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 green and 1 red pepper
- 1 leek in very thin slices cut sideways
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- 250 gr strained yogurt
- some white wine
- 500 gr noodles
- salt, pepper, thyme
- We take the sausages, tear the film with a slight cut. We take a spoon and empty the filling from the sausage.
- Saute the onion and leek in a pan, and later the garlic. Add the minced meat from the sausage and sauté it. Quench with a little white wine and then add the tomato. Let it simmer until our ingredients are homogenous.
- At the same time, put water and a little salt in a saucepan and as soon as it boils, add our noodles. Once they boil, strain them and pull them aside.
- When the sauce is done, remove from the heat and add the yogurt and stir with quick movements.
- Serve hot, in the classic way the noodles at the base of the plate and the sauce on top to embrace them, or mix the sauce with the noodles with slight gentle and slow movements.