What is "zigouri"? It is the sheep that has not given birth and range in age from 8 to 14 months and is over 15 kg. With zigouri we make a nice roast in tomato sauce, in the oven, wrapped in baking paper, in the dutch oven, or even on the coals such as souvlaki etc. The most tender part of it is the leg.
- 1 ½ kg zigouri cut into pieces
- 1 pack of spaghetti
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 glass of red wine
- 4 tomatoes peeled and deseeded processed in the blender or 1 pack of tomato juice
- 3 grated garlic cloves
- 60 gr of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt - pepper - 5-6 grains of allspice - 4 cloves (cloves) - 1 cinnamon stick
- We wash our meat
- In a saucepan, sauté our meat on all sides.
- Remove the meat to a plate and sauté the onion and garlic in the same pot.
- Then add the meat, and the tomato paste, stir, and quench it with the wine. Add the tomato juice, our spices, and 2 glasses of hot water and let it simmer for about 2 hours (add water if needed) until our meat is soft enough.
- Just before taking it out, boil the spaghetti.
- Serve with grated mizithra and a glass of wine